Monday, December 24, 2012
Thursday, November 29, 2012
See the change log below:
1. Edit Google spreadsheets in new native editor
2. Edit contents of tables in Google Docs editor
3. Formatting is maintained when copy/pasting within Google Docs
4. Single tap to enter edit mode in Google Docs editor
5. Add a shortcut to Drive files/folders to your homescreen for quick access
6. Send Link now supports copying link to clipboard
Download Google Drive.
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Download Outlook.com app
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Now users will be able to seamlessly move or copy files between clouds from within one app. Open the Google cloud service you want in Astro, choose the file you want to move/copy then choose the other cloud service, say Skydrive, to paste the file. Simple. This integration makes managing your clouds efficient.
Astro File Manager is available free on Google Play Store.
Thursday, October 25, 2012
- Now you have a soundtrack for your Flipboard. Listen to segments from NPR Fresh Air, PRI’s The World, and lots more great audio content.
- Discover, like and share music from your friends on SoundCloud.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Download: Play Store
Thursday, October 18, 2012
Today I found out that the Calendar app on my Gnux, which is a stand-alone app does not have the same status on other devices. The other phones's Calendar were still built into the OS. That has changed now that Google has posted a new Calendar app to the Play Store for the other devices running Android 4.0 or later. For once, these other devices will have extra features not yet available on the Nexus:
- Snooze events directly from a notification if you’re not quite ready and want to be reminded later.
- Use predefined messages to send quick "I'll be late" updates to your event participants directly from the notifications or the event itself (of course, you can always write your own).
- Pinch to zoom in and out of a day.
- Set a home time zone to help you manage your time better when traveling.
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
• Store and access documents in the cloud with Acrobat.com
• Fill out and submit online forms from Adobe FormsCentral
• Forms support for Validation, Formatting, and Calculation
• Calculations using Form Field Hierarchies
• Select and mark up vertical and Asian text
• View rights managed documents with dynamic watermarks
Read more on Adobe's blog.
Thursday, October 4, 2012
- Astro FileManager/Browser
- Side swipe to get to different locations fast
- Manage files on Google Drive & DropBox from Astro
- Search files by type regardless of location
- Google Play Music
- Minor fixes
- Street View on Google Maps
- Bug Fixes
- The Verge
- Completely new Holo UI redesign
- New Navigation
- Forum access
- Bug Fixes
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
"We are taking the HTC One™ X to a new level with the introduction of the new HTC One™ X+," said Peter Chou, CEO of HTC Corporation. "Our customers will have super-fast browsing, an even better camera and more immersive entertainment with Beats Audio™."
Performance, Endurance and Storage
Featuring a 1.7 GHz quad-core NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 AP37 processor and 64GB of internal storage, the HTC One™ X+ LTE version is up to 67% faster than the HTC One™ X LTE, making the HTC One™ X+ the best rated Android phone on the market. Developed to be lightning fast, the HTC One™ X+ enables quicker web browsing, fluid gaming and graphic rendering, and speedy downloads, providing effortless usage on the go.
In addition to its increased performance speeds, the HTC One™ X+ introduces extended performance with the inclusion of a 2100 mAh battery, giving you up to 50% (6 hours) more talk time, and longer to browse the web and enjoy your favorite music and videosii .
Imaging, Music and Movies
Combining the amazing camera capabilities of its predecessoriii with a series of intelligent features, powered by Sense™ 4+, the HTC One™ X+ has been designed to deliver the most premium mobile experience. The newly launched Self Portrait mode on the front camera helps you capture high quality photos by intuitively detecting the human face at various angles and applying subtle enhancements to skin and eyes. Sightseeing mode makes sure you'll always be ready to capture the moment - one touch of the power button bypasses the lock screen and launches directly into the camera. Two new views in Gallery display images and videos and group them according to where and when they were taken.
Spectacular Sound with Beats Audio™
Exclusively available on HTC smartphones, Beats Audio™ provides authentic, studio-quality sound that delivers the spirit of the original recording. The Windows Phone 8X by HTC featuring Beats Audio™ also offers a unique audio amplifier powering the 3.5mm audio jack and the speaker, boosting the audio signal for even better sound no matter if you're listening to music, playing a game or watching a video.
Providing exclusive access to thousands of movies through HTC Watch 2.0, the HTC One™ X+ will appeal to both the avid film fan and the casual movie-goer. Combined with the introduction of video hub, another benefit of Sense™ 4+, for the first time you will be able to put all your video entertainment in a single place.
Easy Set Up
A new feature in the HTC One™ X+ is HTC Get Started, a new web service that guides the user painlessly through the set-up and personalisation process from a desktop web browser. Designed to enhance the experience of setting up a phone for the first time, this feature ensures that users will get the most out of their new phone from the beginning. With the touch of a button, users' phone will reflect the settings and apps that were chosen on the Web. Visit start.htc.com for more details.
The HTC One™ X+ will be available in Europe and North Asia from October and in South Asia from November 2012. North America will make a separate announcement regarding availability of the HTC One™ X+. The Android Jelly Bean with HTC Sense™ 4+ update is scheduled to begin rolling out for the HTC One™ S and HTC One™ X from October.
Monday, October 1, 2012
- The Dark Knight Rises
- Haunted House HD
- Smart tools
- Nova Launcher Prime
- Great Big War Game
- Scramble With Friends
- Kids Numbers And Math
- Guns'n'Glory WW2 Premium
- Gravity Guy
- Air Control
- SPY Mouse
Sunday, September 30, 2012
- Madden NFL 12
- Where's My Perry
- Camera Zoom FX
- Endomondo Sports Tracker PRO
- Ski Safari
- Cut the rope
- Order & Chaos Online
- Pool Break Pro
- Dr. Seuss's Sleep Book
- Farm Invasion USA Premium
- RealCalc Plus
- Broken Sword: Director's Cut
Saturday, September 29, 2012
TuneIn Radio Pro
Temple Run: Brave
Picsay Pro - Photo Editor
Monsters Ate My Condo
EzPDF Reader ODF Annotate Form
Kids ABC Letters
MSecure - Password Manager
Mass Effect Infiltrator
Dragon Fly! Full
For details, go to HTTPS://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/promotion_celebrate_25_billion
Friday, September 28, 2012
Cut the rope
Flick Nations Rugby
Color & Draw for Kids HD
DoubleTwist Alarm Clock
Mini Motor Racing
World of Goo
The Going to bed Book
Color & Draw for kids
For details, go to HTTPS://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/promotion_celebrate_25_billion
Thursday, September 27, 2012
Bad piggies is available free in the Play Store.
Checkout today's sale on the Play Store: HTTPS://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/promotion_celebrate_25_billion
Friday, September 21, 2012
- Swipe left anywhere in the app to quickly see who's available and send a message
- Add friends you message most to the top of your Favorites
- Try texting with Messenger (currently only available on some phones)
- New design for conversations
- Improved speed and reliability- Bug fixes
The update is available on Play Store.
Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Twitter for Android 3.4
- New profiles with header photos
- Photo streams on profiles and events
- Pinch-to-zoom on photos
- Search suggestions for people, topics and hashtags
- Improved protected account management including the ability to accept or deny follower requests
- Other improvements, polish, and fixes
Check out the notification bar on your device or Play store to download the update.
Thursday, September 13, 2012
Download Google Chrome on Play store.
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
The app is similar in design with the apps for Windows Phone and iOS. "In building the new SkyDrive app for Android, we wanted to ensure we kept the same intuitive design of all SkyDrive experiences while also making use of Android design patterns and conventional interactions, so this feels natural for people with Android phones.", writes Mike Torres in a blog post on the Windows Team blog.
Skydrive for Android works on Android devices with Gingerbread (Android 2.3) and above. However it was designed to work best with Android 4.0 and Jelly Bean.
Here are the main features of SkyDrive for Android:
- Access your SkyDrive—documents, photos, and other files, plus the files other people have shared with you.
- View recently used documents.
- Choose multiple photos or videos to upload from your phone.
- Share your files and photos—send a link in email or in another app.
- Open your SkyDrive files from other Android apps.
- Easily manage your files—delete or create new folders.
Friday, August 24, 2012
Players will have to dodge Martian volcanoes and fire asteroids. Uncover three hidden rovers and landers will give users access to bonus levels and learn more about the Curiosity mission on Mars.
Download the update on Play Store.
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
• Web-based control for Anti-Theft
• Network Meter
• SiteCorrect - autocorrect of mistyped URLs
• Scanning of incoming messages
• Real-time protection (on-exec scanning) of apps
• Improved user interface for tablets
• avast! Widget
• The shield control UI to fine-tune on-access security setup
• Grayscale notification icon configurable from settings
If you do not have a antivirus software installed on your phone yet, I advise you download avast. There are other solutions on Play Store, but I like Avast for the slew of features it offers. Don't wait for disaster to strike, get avast for free on Play Store.
Thursday, August 16, 2012
What's in this version:
- Teens can now create and join Hangouts from mobile
- Join Hangouts on Air from mobile
- Floating timestamp in photos view
- Shortcuts for post creation
- Ability to report abuse in Events
Thursday, August 2, 2012
Following users request, Google Mobile team has put up a blog dedicated entirely to news about Android. Initially, news about Google's mobile OS would appear on the various corporate blogs, making it difficult for fans to follow up. From now on, fans will be able to setup their favorite readers to point to just one blog for anything about Android from Google.
The link to the blog is: http://officialandroid.blogspot.com/
Posted from my Galaxy Nexus powered by Jelly Bean.
Saturday, July 21, 2012
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
The app does what it's been designed for and that is to provide great content at your finger tips. Get your free copy on Google Play.
Source: The Verge
Friday, July 13, 2012
"Amazing Alex has a set of 35 fully interactive objects just waiting to be set in motion. Fans can set the objects up to bounce, pop, ricochet, bash, and crash into each other and create an elaborate Rube Goldberg device! With a houseful of toys to play with, there’s more than one right answer. Fans can share their most creative solutions with friends and see what they came up with. With 100 challenging levels across four fun-filled locations, there’s a whole world of creations to explore!"
There are two versions available on Google Play. One free with ads and the other is cheap without ads of course.
Check out the video:
The apps are not in Google Play yet. Use the links below to download:
TextMaker - Equivalent to Microsoft Word
PlanMaker - Equivalent to Microsoft Excel
Presentations - Equivalent to Microsoft Powerpoint
Update: I have been following SoftMaker since they developed an Office app for Windows Mobile.
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
The new update to Twitter does not just contain the usual bug fixes and performance improvements as is usually the case. Version 3.3 of the official Twitter client for Android has some very interesting additions.
The first one is expanded tweets. This feature lets you see more than just the 140 character limit of a tweet. For example, this new version lets you see a preview of links found in your tweets, view images, play video etc. It's not just about any tweet though. In fact, only tweets from Twitter partners will expand to display these features. The expanded tweet is being gradually rolled out.
The second noteworthy addition is the ability to choose to receive notifications among the people you follow anytime they tweet and retweet. You have to into their profile on your device to enable this feature for the people you want to receive instant notification.
Get the update via Play Store on your device or here:
Thursday, July 5, 2012
Samsung today released an app that will make you feel like you're part of the London Olympics Games. The Samsung: Take part 2012 app features games, latest news about your favorite sport. David Beckham will even show you the top 10 British attractions for those who will be lucky enough to be there.
Here's what the app has to offer:
Play in glorious 3D either 100m Sprint, 110m hurdles, 100m freestyle swimming or double-trap shooting.
- Play our Penalty Kicks or Archery games in breathtaking Augmented Reality, with HD graphics for those with the latest GALAXY phones.
- Challenge your friends to any of the games!
- View global & individual leaderboards for all the games as you compete to reach the top
Take a Tour of the Olympic Games Venues
- View the inside of the sites in 360° 3D
Get the latest news
- All the latest news from the Olympic Games
- Filter by your favourite sport
Learn About Britain
- Check out David Beckham’s top 10 British attractions, so you know what to check out when you head to the Games
Daily Opinion Poll
- Every day of the Olympic Games, we will be asking you for you to take part and vote
- See how your picks compare with our other players around the world
GALAXY S III
- Take a tour of the new GALAXY S III, Samsung’s Olympic Games Phone.
The app is 122mb in size, so make sure you connect to wifi spot to download.
Download link: Google Play
Thursday, June 28, 2012
Download Maps on Google Play.
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
The other features lets you see who's available when you start new conversation, share bigger photos, tap for full screen and pinch to zoom.
- Faster app loading, navigating and sending
- More reliable push notifications
- Bug fixes.
Check out Google Play on your phone to get the update.
More details on Google Play.
Monday, June 25, 2012
It's that time of the year again where all eyes will be on Wimbledon 2012 tennis championships which starts on the 25th June to the 8th of July. The All England Lawn Tennis Club released an app for Android that will let you access the following features:
- Live scores
- Schedule of play
- Player profiles
- On demand video previews, highlights, features, interviews and golden moments
- Live @ Wimbledon Radio - 3 channels: Daily coverage of the Championships and two channels dedicated to Centre Court and No.1 Court commentary of live match play.
- Find it - lets spectators locate facilities around the grounds at Wimbledon.
Of course the app is free to download. Wimbledon 2012 is certainly useful for those lucky enough to attend the championships as well as to those who cannot make it and can nonetheless follow the tournament on the go.
Download Wimbledon 2012 on Google Play.
Saturday, June 23, 2012
According to the email I got "the final beta comes with improved, configurable toolbars, improved import/export of plain-text files, XLSM file support, and improvements to Dropbox and Evernote support".
The app is not yet available on Google play.
Download the final beta here.
Thursday, June 7, 2012
Learn more on Google Chrome blog.
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Learn more about Sync Manager.
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Check out the HTC's schedule list:
DROID Incredible 2 by HTC To be determined (by the end of August)
HTC Amaze 4G May-June
HTC Desire S June-July
HTC Desire HD July-August
HTC EVO 3D June-July
HTC EVO 4G+ May-June
HTC EVO Design 4G June-July
HTC Incredible S June-July
HTC Sensation March-June
HTC Sensation 4G March-June
HTC Sensation XE March-June
HTC Sensation XL April-June
HTC Rezound June-July
HTC Rhyme June-July
HTC Thunderbolt July-August
HTC Velocity 4G March-June
HTC Vivid March-June
Thursday, May 17, 2012
. Fixes to the Facebook login issue.
. Enlarged photos in Tweet and Facebook post details.
. Configure to hide/show avatars.
. Configure to show in absolute time.
. View a favorite/star icon in timeline.
. View if "the user does (or does not) follow you" in profile details.
. #Hashtags are now included when replying.
. View a list of who "liked" a post.
. Disable/enable auto scrolling in the widget.
Download the update on Google Play:
The app does offer useful info for all devices branded Samsung, ranging from smartphones, TVs, home appliances, computers. Android and Windows Phone are listed under the Mobile category. If your issues are not listed in the app, you will be able to directly call a phone number based in the US. The design is great, but unfortunately it does not support landscape mode. So it's kind of difficult to read the entire title of the video or FAQ title.
Anyway, the app can be downloaded free using the link below. For Windows Phone users, I suggest you wait for a Windows Phone version of the app or buy a Android.
Overall it's nice that Samsung cares for its customers. Can't wait for the iOS version. Lol.
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Evernote 4.0 is the latest major update of the app on Android platform. The app now boasts a new intuitive user interface and powerful features.
New Home Screen
First thing users will notice is the new Home screen. The latter is very user friendly; the home screen now displays big buttons that take you directly into notebooks, tags and places. If Location services are enabled on your device, Evernote will assign to each note that you create to your location and you'll be able to sort/group your notes by location.
Note and Notebook list has also been revamped so they can be viewed in a single view. No need to sync back and forth between your own notes and those shared with you by others.
Contextual Action Bars
Evernote 4.0 also includes new contextual action bars that appear at the bottom of the screen. If you're viewing a note, the bar will display such tools as Edit, Share or Tag.
Reading a note should not take its toll on your eyes. With that in mind, the new Evernote will hide all the navigation tools as you start reading a note and go into full-screen mode. Tap the screen to go back into editing mode. With devices getting bigger screens, this feature makes reading a pleasure.
Monday, April 30, 2012
According to SoftMaker's changelog, this third beta supports Evernote and some bug fixes. I haven't tried it yet to learn more about the Evernote support. I will past back about this later.
Friday, April 27, 2012
If you haven't got Skype on your phone yet, download it on Google Play.
Thursday, April 26, 2012
For my fellow Mauritians reading this post, this is still a great deal. Add up shipping and customs tax you're still far below the price tag of about $800 imposed by Orange if you were to buy it locally.
Anyway, recall that email you sent to your neglected American friend yesterday and order the Galaxy Nexus here.
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
"First available in the U.S., Galaxy Nexus costs $399 and arrives at your door unlocked...".
If you really crave for this super Google phone, either you get back in touch with that American friend you long neglected or patiently wait for Google to make the phone available worldwide.
Source: Google blog
Friday, April 20, 2012
It is now possible to share your thoughts on Google+ via SMS. At least for the countries listed in the link below. Sorry, Mauritius is not among them.
Click on the link to learn more and hope that Mauritius will join that list too.
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
- You can now request the desktop version of a website, in case you would rather not view the mobile version.
- You can now add bookmarks as shortcuts on your home screen, so you can get to your favorite sites faster.
- Choose your favorite apps to handle links opened in Chrome.
- Have a proxy setup for Wi-Fi access? You can now use Chrome with the system proxy configured in Android settings.
Friday, April 13, 2012
Download Google+ on Google Play
Thursday, April 12, 2012
- In Continuous Mode, the recognized objects that you tap on are now saved to your Search history.
- Barcode recognition in Continuous Mode is now twice as fast.
"With our new dynamic sync feature, you’ll always have fresh content to read. As you open each edition, new content is dynamically delivered, using a minimum of your phone or tablet's battery, bandwidth and storage. Those of you who travel on planes and trains can choose which editions you would like fully packaged for offline reading, including images."
Google Currents is available free for download on Google Play and the App Store.
Source: Google Mobile Blog
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
- TextMaker 2012
- PlanMaker 2012
- SoftMaker Presentations 2012
"With a click, you can find and open the tab with your directions and be on your way. The tab’s back and forward navigation history is also included, so you can pick up browsing right where you left off. If you use Chrome for Android Beta, the tab will also be available on your phone, right there in your pocket when you hit the road.".
Read more here
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Monday, April 9, 2012
Blog post from Google blog announcing a conversation with UN Secretary General.
We're passionate about changing the world Google+ Hangout with the UN Secretary-General. But there's another organization that's equally passionate—and has been doing it a lot longer. For more than 60 years, the United Nations has worked to advance a global agenda on ending war and poverty, promoting human rights, protecting the environment and dealing with humanitarian crises—critical issues that will determine the quality of life for future generations to come.
So we're delighted that on Tuesday, April 10, some of the voices of the next generation will have the chance to participate in an exclusive global conversation with UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon via a Google+ Hangout from the United Nations headquarters in New York. Six young people, selected in consultation with partners in civil society, academia and United Nations offices in the field, will join from the United States, Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America, and have the opportunity to ask questions on the issues that matter to them.
The Google+ Hangout with the UN Secretary-General will be streamed live at 3:30pm ET on April 10 at youtube.com/unitednations. David C. Drummond, Google's SVP of Corporate Development and Chief Legal Officer, will moderate.
Technology has given us the chance to advance the important work of the UN, while ensuring that global politics is made more accountable to citizens. We're thrilled that Google can help play a small part in this.
Posted by Dex Torricke-Barton, Global Communications & Public Affairs