The app is similar in design with the apps for Windows Phone and iOS. "In building the new SkyDrive app for Android, we wanted to ensure we kept the same intuitive design of all SkyDrive experiences while also making use of Android design patterns and conventional interactions, so this feels natural for people with Android phones.", writes Mike Torres in a blog post on the Windows Team blog.
Skydrive for Android works on Android devices with Gingerbread (Android 2.3) and above. However it was designed to work best with Android 4.0 and Jelly Bean.
Here are the main features of SkyDrive for Android:
- Access your SkyDrive—documents, photos, and other files, plus the files other people have shared with you.
- View recently used documents.
- Choose multiple photos or videos to upload from your phone.
- Share your files and photos—send a link in email or in another app.
- Open your SkyDrive files from other Android apps.
- Easily manage your files—delete or create new folders.