Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Feedly gets faster and a new widget.

Last July, the internet went into a frenzy when Google announced the discontinuation of Google Reader, its popular news reader. We will never know how popular it was, but those who liked the service were very vocal when Google announced its decision. I was a user of Google reader on my Galaxy Nexus, but since my main driver is a Windows Phone, I had a news reader there to compensate for the loss of Google Reader. 

The hunt of a Google Reader replacement had started in Google world and it was not long  before an app would step up to replace Google Reader. Feedly arrived and was quickly adopted by Android users. Now the app has over a million downloads in Google Play. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the defunct Google Reader had a much higher download numbers. Anyway, G reader is dead, long live Feedly.

Feedly has been updated with a bunch new features. Here's what's new in version 1.7:

★ Faster and more fluid experience
★ Enhanced readability
★ New widget
★ New discover section
★ Fixed auto-refresh issue
★ Improved feed search
★ Samsung Gear optimization

I'm curious about the Samsung Gear optimization. Not you?


No comments:

Post a Comment