Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Pocket Casts for Android gets some layout issues and auto cleanup bug fixed.

My daily commutes to and from work would be stressful without my daily intake of podcasts and that is not because of the bad traffic or that the bus experience is awful. Neither of that. The issue is that they broadcast local radio to make the travelers experience comfy. That’s not the case for me as local radios are probably the worst listening experience on this island. Podcasts help me keep my sanity by blocking these stressful radio waves from reaching my brain. Enter Pocket Casts, my all-time favorite podcast app for Android. 


Pocket Casts is a cross-platform podcast app that is very popular on Android. I’m not saying that the app is perfect to the point of being bug free. Today’s update does not introduce anything new, but some fixes instead and raises the app version to 6.4.7.

Here’s what are the fixes in this release:

·       Fixed some layout issues for Chrome OS and Android when using split screen. Our app should now look more graceful (if that’s even possible) when resized to your weird and wonderful tastes.

·       Fixed a bug with auto cleanup where in some cases it wouldn’t delete played files. Cheeky little bugger.

·       Chromecast updates which should fix some issues people have reported.

I’ve said time and again in each of my posts about Pocket Casts that it offers the best podcast experience on mobile devices. I currently use it on Android and Windows Mobile (Yeah, I know what you’re thinking about the latter). Pocket Casts is not free and costs $3.99, but is well worth the money. Check it out in Google Play Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment