Friday, August 4, 2017

Switch between light and dark theme in Skype for Android.

I hope you made peace with the new skype. The new Snapchat-inspired design of Skype has provoked a kind-of over-reaction from users. At least, this is what I think because I like it for the simple reason that I grew tired of the Skype design of old. Sure Microsoft made mistakes, but well, at least they are listening. Take the new ‘activity indicators’ for example. Microsoft omitted this feature in the new release. Now, with this update, users will be able to see who’s currently active in chat list again. And there’s more.

When Microsoft redesigned Skype, it was all white. Not a wise choice knowing that a totally white screen puts pressure on the battery and on the eyes. So Microsoft added new themes where users will be able to switch between light and dark theme. This feature is available in the settings. To get to it, tap your profile picture, then the settings icon at the top right of the screen. Scroll down to theme and tap the Light or Dark buttons according to the preference. I always switch to a dark theme in apps when I can and Skype is no exception. I’m not sure that saves battery, but it does make it easy on my eyes. In case you’re wondering, I have no problems with my eyes. 

So, make sure you download Skype on your Android device via the Google Play Store to take advantage of these new features. I nearly forgot, Skype will also let you reorder your chats by recent, unread or active.

No comments:

Post a Comment